How long does it take to sell a home?
This is one of the questions I am asked most. There is no easy answer – some homes sell in a few days, others may take several months. Sometimes, it is just a matter of a buyer walking in and falling in love with your home and even they can’t explain it! Our goal is to help make that happen for you. However, there are some key factors influencing a sale and the time on market. This is where you will have a measure of control over some of these.
- Location is the single greatest factor affecting value.
- Neighborhood desirability is fundamental to a property’s fair market value.
- Buyers compare your property against competing properties.
- Buyers interpret value based on available properties.
- The real estate market may reflect a seller’s market or a buyer’s market.
- Market conditions cannot be manipulated; an individually tailored marketing plan must be developed accordingly.
- Property condition affects price and speed of sale. This is huge and after location, one of the most important to the buyer
- Optimizing physical appearances and advance preparation for marketing maximizes value.
- If the property is not properly priced, a sale may be delayed or even prevented.
- Our comprehensive market study will assist you in determining the best possible price.